recently delivered a series of three one-hour long sessions on Leadership to many of the organizations working at Innovation Place in Saskatoon and Regina in hybrid sessions. The in-person sessions were hosted in Saskatoon. It was so much fun to interact with a live audience, especially after our two-year hiatus over COVID. Attendance grew each time to a full house as in-person sessions as became more common place again and the desire for leadership training is strong. It was a delight be invited to share my thoughts and experiences. Session recordings are here
Making Great Decisions
- Maintaining focus for best decisions
- Planning, monitoring progress
- Trusting and following a productivity system
- Minimizing distractions and interruptions
- Overcoming challenges in decision making – More To Do items than time – Over committing – Sticking to the plan – Overly ambitious plans & stress
- Realigning Rigorously
- Decision making during change
- Team decision making.
Nurturing Motivating Environments
‘Understanding the issues with of power and motivation and the choices a manager can make to influence the behaviour of others’
- What is the definition of power?
- Identifying your superpowers? (self-assessment)
- The role of power in relationships to create a motivating environment
- Top Drivers of engagement and retention.
The Art & Science of Delegation ‘How do we get things done through others’
- Four core activities of great managers
- The steps required for effective delegation
- Barriers to effective delegation
- What can/should be delegated
- Who to delegate to
- What you need to do to achieve an effective “handoff”